Chelsea, MichiganImpact Test Engineer - Vehicle Crash #887183
- The Crash Safety Test Engineer is responsible for the planning, preparing and performing crash safety-related testing and ensuring successful completion of full-size vehicle and/or occupant sled testing.
- This role requires knowledge in domestic and global regulatory requirements.
- Reviewing impact test regulations and test request provided by requestor, providing work instructions to Salaried Bargaining Unit technicians, mechanics and photographers, performing test to regulations and post test data validations.
- Ensuring the impact test data acquisition systems are properly configured and are capturing the required test data.
- Interfacing with equipment suppliers/internal departments to coordinate calibrations/repair, keep up on current software and hardware best practices.
- Performing onsite physical prep and test, working with the vehicle, test related hardware and software.
- Development and implementation of new test methods and/or equipment.
- Familiarity with global impact test regulations and may also involve managing improvements to Anthropomorphic Test Dummy (ATD) fleet and department processes.
- Please note, this role includes 1st and or 2nd shift, as well as providing support 7 days/week
Requirements: Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited University.
- 1-3 years of automotive experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office & MS Teams
- Ability to work independently and well within a team.
- The candidate must also possess strong planning, organizational skills and have excellent communicate skills
- Ability to manage several continuous improvement initiatives and engineering projects without disruption of day to day testing activities - all with minimal supervision.
- Effective operation of precise data acquisition equipment and software, or demonstrate capabilities for mastering these systems in adequate time.
- Familiarity with Hypergraph Analytical Software, Canalizer, Math-lab software and Omega Temp loggers a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience in automotive test facility, impact testing preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with logistics planning, warehouse management, or material handling.
- Basic knowledge of LEAN principles and process improvement practices. Basic knowledge of standard problem solving techniques (8D, fishbone analysis, 5-Why, etc).
- Basic knowledge of automotive restraint systems (airbag, seat belts, etc.) and interior trim assembly (instrument panels, seats, door trim).
- Exposure to working with or supervising a unionized workforce.
- Familiarity with global test regulations (NHTSA, FMVSS, EuroNCAP, etc.) and third party test procedures (IIHS).
- Masters Electrical Engineering.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/