Lansing, MichiganTechnical Writer 3 – Bid Bundle #887016
Technical Writer 3
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Develops and maintains user and technical documentation and project process documentation for Application Teams.
- Understands the user’s view of applications and /or technology and can put procedures in a logical sequence.
- Provides expertise on technical concepts of applications and /or user groups and structuring procedures in a logical sequence, due to a broad understanding of the applications.
- Writes a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
- May be responsible for coordinating the display of graphics and the production of the document.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain user documentation for multiple applications including documentation required for the operations provider.
- Develop on-line source documentation as appropriate.
- Maintain documentation libraries and subscription lists. Identify, create, revise, and maintain documentation and templates.
- Ensure appropriate control access/use of documentation materials. Maintain application and user documentation.
- Ensure messages and terminology are consistent across all written materials.
- Research and complete documentation service requests.
- Communicate accurate and useful status updates.
- Manage and report time spent on all work activities.
- Follow quality standards. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills; both written and spoken.
- Composes technical documents, manuals, bulletins, brochures, publications, training manuals, and special reports.
- Organizes and coordinates the composition of material and drafting of forms suitable for reproduction.
- Reviews and edits prepared material and illustrations.
- Develops and refines material for publication in journals and periodicals.
- Prepares informational material for release to the mass media.
- Works with agency staff in the development of formats, graphics, and the layout of publications.
- Assists agency staff in preparing and refine material for speeches and other public
- May research product design, capabilities, and compatibility ranges.
- May oversee the writing, editing, publishing, and distribution of specification documents.
- May review various resources and prepare analyses or summaries.
- May train others. Experience in technical writing, journalism, or communications work.
- Knowledge of the techniques and methods of planning, organizing, and writing various types of materials; of research methodology; and of departmental policies, procedures, and regulations
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/