Lansing, MichiganBusiness Analyst 5 #780103
- This project resource will work with a large agency to review, analyze, and evaluate functional requirements and business user needs around the implementation of a new enterprise-level software solution that will replace numerous aging legacy systems.
- A special emphasis will be placed on testing the software solution prior to implementation and working with the project’s quality assurance team to prepare for and complete large-scale testing efforts.
- Demonstrable testing skills will be a highly desired skill set.
- This resource must be experienced in coordinating, designing, and implementing test plans in conjunction with a third-party software vendor and agency staff.
- An additional area of emphasis will be data cleaning and tracking the cleaning process. This resource must be experienced in coordinating and communicating the efforts of multiple groups of technical and business groups (e.g. enterprise architecture analysts, database administrators, data scientists, business analysts, ETL developers, business subject matter experts, quality assurance and testing resources, and end users) in conjunction with a third-party software vendor.
- This project resource may also be responsible for developing and maintaining a system capable of tracking all assigned tasks.
- The resource will also be experienced in gathering business requirements and functional requirements within agencies and transforming those requirements into clear and precise language.
- This resource will also be expected to support subject matter experts and other project team members by drafting design documents, being accountable for assuring that documents are filed on time, and that project vendors are provided accurate feedback on a range of deliverables.
- Years of Experience: Fifteen (15) or more years of experience in information technology business analysis
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs
- Facilitates user meetings for eliciting business process requirements and functional requirements
- Prepares detailed descriptions of user needs, business functions, and the steps required to develop or modify automated systems to mirror business practices
- Prepares project templates in accordance with proper procedures
- Is adept at proofing documents for errors in business and technical descriptions and overall grammar and spelling
- Assists in the deployment and management of user reporting tools and platforms
- Documents and provides knowledge transfer
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the enterprise-
- level software field
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Is a team player and willing to take on tasks that may not be “in my swim lane” in order to move the project forward?
- Demonstrable leadership and communication skills will be a highly desired skill set
Required / Desired Skills
- Expert verbal and written communication with clients and technical staff in English along with ability to proof documents in English
- Expert skill in developing business and functional requirements and transforming those requirements into clear and precise language
- Experience in testing and evaluating software in a test environment, analyzing software functionality against design documents, and efficiently utilizing a testing suite such as Azure Dev. Ops.
- Documented experience in leading in-person requirements gathering sessions for systems implementations
- Proven experience in creating system documentation, user manuals, and/or operation documentation
- Experience in coordinating and leading multiple technical and business teams with data cleansing and migration efforts within the context of a large software implementation project
- Experience in identifying data cleansing and migration risks and assisting in the resolution of project issues
- Experience documenting data cleansing and migration plans, and explaining such plans to technical teams, business teams, and vendors
- Experience drafting requirement traceability matrices and test plans for requirements validation.
- Experience using enterprise testing, data cleaning, and migration tools.
- Experience working within projects involving vendor owned, designed, and hosted solutions
- Experience with SUITE methodology and related documentation.
- Experience working directly for agency/ies as a business analyst focused on large-scale enterprise IT systems
- All candidates should include 3 professional references with their submission (including the references name, position, phone number, and email address).
- The position location will be a hybrid of remote and onsite
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/