Lansing, MichiganProgrammer Analyst #763382
- Plans, develops, tests, and documents computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems.
- Evaluates user request for new or modified program, such as for financial and the retirement application.
- Consults with user to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives.
- Formulates plan outlining steps required to develop program, using methodologies such as structured analysis and design or object-oriented development.
- Needs to be proficient using Java, WebSphere, Liberty, Corticon Rules engine, and SQL Databases.
- Work involves assisting in analyzing systems outlines to develop programs for computer applications, writing solution programs, documenting the methods and procedures used in program development, and testing and correcting programs.
- Works under moderate supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Develops block diagrams and machine logic flowcharts to represent operations and data flow for applications.
- Captures requirements using industry standard development frameworks and tools. Designs reports, forms and letters along with computer terminal screen displays to accomplish goals of user request.
- Reviews screens, reports, forms and letters designs with users. Converts project specifications, using industry standard tools, such as object-oriented tools and code generation, into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language processable by computer, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
- Enters program codes into computer system. Enters commands into computer to run and test program.
- Reads computer printouts or observes display screen to detect syntax or logic errors during program test or uses diagnostic software to detect errors. Replaces, deletes, or modifies codes to correct errors.
- Analyzes, reviews and alters program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Writes manual for users to describe installation and operating procedures. Assists users to solve operating problems.
- Recreates steps taken by user to locate source of problem and rewrites program to correct errors.
- May use computer-aided software tools in each stage of system development. May train users to use program.
- May oversee installation of hardware and software. May provide technical assistance to program users.
- May specialize in developing programs for business or technical applications.
Top Skills & Years of Experience:
- 5 Years’ experience
- Proficient using Java
- WebSphere Liberty
- Corticon Rules Engine
- SQL Databases
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/