AlpharettaBusiness Analyst, Manufacturing Systems #890965
The Business Analyst, Manufacturing Systems is an Information Technology (IT) professional who partners with leaders across multiple business areas to support manufacturing plant operations. This role balances operational support of manufacturing systems and project / implementation work with a focus on process improvement and standardization. They will engage their stakeholders to understand current processes and systems, gather requirements, identify opportunities for improvement and prioritize work. The successful candidate will effectively manage their time between projects, operational improvements, and addressing system incidents and tickets across manufacturing and supply chain business processes.
The Business Analyst, Manufacturing Systems will perform a variety of critical IT tasks to support operations including troubleshooting system issues, analyzing, designing and implementing system and process changes as well as maintaining their knowledge of the latest software vendor releases and understanding how those changes affect our company’s own implementations. This role reports directly to the Sr. Manager, Manufacturing and Supply Chain Systems.
The Business Analyst, Manufacturing Systems will oversee all technical activities required to support manufacturing plant operations, including:
- Serve as the subject matter expert for IQMS (Delmiaworks) supporting our manufacturing operations.
- Analyze data and draw business insights.
- Document current business process flows and work with business leaders to identify and implement process improvements and standardization across manufacturing plants.
- Identify opportunities for process automation with workflow tools.
- Work with the Business Intelligence team to design and deploy BI reports and dashboards.
- Elicit and document requirements for system and process enhancements.
- Develop and define process and system roadmaps to help guide the company’s application strategies.
- Manage implementation and improvement projects with cross-functional resources.
- Troubleshoot helpdesk tickets and diagnose problems.
- Develop relationships with plant and business unit leaders, IT team members, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Manage testing and change control.
- Create user training materials and coordinate end user training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or other related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a role involving evaluating, analyzing and supporting manufacturing systems and processes.
- Experience managing software implementation projects
- Strong time management, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
The Business Analyst, Manufacturing Systems should have the following skills:
- Performing needs analysis
- Eliciting and documenting requirements
- Defining business cases
- Documenting business processes
- Flow and process diagramming
- Knowledge of business intelligence and data analytics concepts and reporting tools
- Problem solving
- Project management
- Experience with systems integrations
- Knowledge of data structures / concepts to support integrations and reporting
- Developing and managing test plans
- Ability to quickly adjust priorities and pivot work effort due to new requirements.
The Sr. Business Analyst, Plant Operations must have knowledge and experience of the following:
- Solid experience supporting IQMS (Delmiaworks) manufacturing and related modules and processes.
- Proven experience managing large IT application projects with cross-functional resources
- A strong understanding of manufacturing operations.
- Experience with EDI processes is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/