Dearborn, MichiganSoftware Engineer Consultant/Expert #891379
- This is a Full Stack Software Engineer position for Connected Vehicle Data Operating System - Vehicle Data Hub GDIA team.
- We are a team of passionate technologists with broad experience in Cloud and distributed systems, UX and Machine Learning.
- We think in terms of scale and architecture.
- Our Engineers are involved in all aspects of the product life cycle, Conceptual design, development, deployment and DevOps. We spend most of our time in writing code and validation.
- We love agile, extreme programming, test driven development, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Work hands-on with the team and other stakeholders to deliver quality software products that meet our customer’s requirements and needs.
- Deliver Software product as a full-stack software engineer, using Object Oriented software design, with Agile/Iterative development using PDO methodologies.
- Participate and contribute in designs and architecture discussions
- Work with product owners and product managers to define the features
- Strictly adopts Technology and Architecture standards
- Leverages logging tools such as Splunk and Dynatrace to support DevOps and debug production issues
- Follows software craftsmanship standards
- Pair program frequently to stay ahead of on the code base / tech stack.
- Coordinate reuse, architecture, and interoperability strategy.
- Foster DevOps CI/CD infrastructure and an Automated Testing mentality and capability. Champion continuous technical improvement for the platform, pursue tech debt opportunities.
- Help Product Owners understand our iterative development approach and focus on delivering a Minimum Viable Product through careful and deliberate prioritization.
- Grow technical capabilities / expertise and provide guidance to other members on the team
- 3+ years of Spring-Java exp
- 2+ years of Angular Experience
- Self-motivated and ability to build great software in a fast paced, and dynamic environment
- Experience in building high performance distributed systems solving large scale engineering challenges
- Meaningful experience in building microservices in Java
- Understand OOP/OOD/Functional principles
- Experience in deploying production software using Kafka, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, and PostgreSQL.
- Experience in deploying production code on Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) or Amazon AWS or GCP
- Working knowledge and experience in transportation and automotive.
- You have a Masters Degree in Computer Science or a Bachelor's Degree and no less than 5 years of equivalent experience.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/