Lansing, MichiganInfrastructure Solutions Architect 3 #891442
- Proficient at the formulation of architectures, including requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of solution context, solution alternatives identification and assessment, technology selection, and architectural configuration.
- Years of Experience: 8-9 years of experience in the field.
- This position is responsible for COTS (Commercial Off the Shelf) project support for the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT). Participates as a technical lead on software application projects for software implementing computer systems and applications for the Departments of Technology, Management and Budget (DTMB) Agency Services at the MDOT.
- This individual will be looked upon to provide technical support to other team members, vendors, and users of the agency systems.
- Relies on their experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Must be proficient at the techniques that go into the formulation of architectures, including requirements discovery and analysis, application of abstraction, formulation of solution context, solution alternatives identification and assessment, technology selection, and architectural configuration.
- Extensive understanding and experience in technology areas Distributed platforms, networking, databases, High Availability/Disaster Recovery, and IT security.
- Ability to work closely with client/application architects, senior managers, and project managers to design and assist with the implementation of the solutions infrastructure related components.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and complete assigned project responsibilities under limited supervision.
- Experience and skills in prevailing industry architecture and engineering methodologies such as ITIL.
- Knowledge of and experience with a broad range of application servers, web servers, messaging servers, database servers, and related technologies.
- Able to analyze business requirements and define solutions to address complex business needs. Experience in web infrastructure design and operations including IP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, load balancing, clustering, failover, monitoring, diagnostics, performance tuning, etc.
- Possess high aptitude for problem-solving and troubleshooting.
Top Skills & Years of Experience:
- Administering, implementing, and supporting complex systems - 8 years
- Installing and maintaining application software - 8 years
- Technical lead and subject matter expert on a project team - 6 years
- Microsoft server administration - 6 years
- Experience maintaining web servers (IIS/Apache) - 4 years
- Evaluating network and system security - 4 years
- Creating and updating system architect documentation - 4 years
- Creating and reviewing technical specifications for hardware and software systems - 4 years
- Creating technical design documents and functional design documentation
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, and the ability to lead a meeting
- Database administration and SQL query experience desired
- Application security experience desired
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/