Lakewood, ColoradoBilling Specialist #891561
Can you work in a fast-paced dynamic work environment and consistently meet or exceed goals? Can you remain calm under pressure? Can you work and think creatively to identify alternate solutions to problems? If you answered “Yes” to these questions, then you should apply!
We have a new opportunity for a Billing Specialist to join our growth-oriented professional engineering and environmental consulting office. When you join, you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture. You will find that we offer a non-hierarchical, collaborative, and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. The work we do is interesting, challenging and wide-ranging in nature, and so is our client base.
- In this role, you will be responsible for performing the billing function for assigned Areas, Offices, Clients or other criteria as needed.
- Working under the direction and supervision of the Billing Supervisor, you will work with the
- Project Analysts and Project Managers to ensure all necessary changes have been made to the invoice and all project and client level updates have been requested and performed.
- You will maintain a tracking sheet for all of the invoices assigned and will keep it up to date throughout the invoicing process and will be responsible for finalizing all invoices assigned and mailing them to the clients.
- The Billing Specialist is responsible for archiving the final form invoice in our proprietary system, Work Smart.
- As part of the tracking sheet, the Billing Specialist will notify the Billing Supervisor of any projects which were not billed as part of the regular billing cycle each month.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Note, this section is a bulleted list containing required and/or preferred education, soft skills, software, certifications and applicable prior experience.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- High school degree required; associates degree in accounting preferred
- 1-5 years accounting experience required. Billing experience in an architectural or engineering or consulting firm preferred
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts and analytical ability
- Attention to financial detail, ability to read and interpret basic contracts
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe/Bluebeam
- Able to work well under pressure/deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic, positive and self-motivated
- Able to work independently and within groups
- Willingness to learn and do what it takes to get the job done
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/