Auburn Hills, MichiganHMI Engineer – Ergonomics #892725
The HMI Engineer - Ergonomics is responsible for setting cross vehicle requirements for optimizing intuitiveness, ergonomics, accessibility, and ease of use for all customer interfaces in the vehicle.
Responsibilities include: benchmarking, making ergonomic and cognitive design recommendations, virtual validation of vehicle models using human model simulations, validation of design through user interface testing, creation and maintenance of HMI best practices, development of standard operating procedures to capture best practices and identifying and resolving issues amongst various Engineering and Design office teams.
- Degree in any of the following: Engineering, Ergonomics, Human Factors, Physiology, Biomechanics, Human Kinetics, Psychology, Cognitive systems or closely related field
- For Candidates with Bachelor's Degrees: Two or more years’ experience in any of the following areas: Ergonomics, Human Factors, Vehicle Integration/Systems Engineering, Perceived Quality, Consumer Insights, and Technical Writing
- Knowledge of Human Machine Interface / User Experience Development
- Agile Design Practices
- Experience with multiple vehicle areas is highly preferred
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/