Auburn Hills, MichiganHigh Voltage (HV) Safety Subsystem Design and Validation Engineer #897866
The High Voltage (HV) Subsystem Requirements engineer will be globally responsible for the design and development of Electrified Powertrain (ePT) High Voltage Subsystems.
The responsibilities include:
- Document, optimize of HV Subsystem requirement on HV behavior, performance, and safety.
- Support internal organizations: decompose HV safety subsystem requirement to Control, Hardware, Software and calibration communities
- Support electrification industry organizations: SAE, ISO, NFPA, ECE.
- Work closely with teams that are responsible for Vehicle Functions (VFs), Algorithm Change Requests (ACRs) and component performance standards.
- Support HV subsystem strategies: DFMEAs, DVP&R, risk assessments, regulatory compliance.
- Vehicle HV Documentation:
- Maintain and update HV Core Standard CS-A0403
- Provide technical guidance to internal teams and suppliers
- Support development of HV simulation and modeling. Ensure their needs is documented in RFQ and source packages.
- Incorporate lessons learned and best practices to the requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Applied Physics, Systems, or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited, or ABET equivalent university.
- Minimum of 2 years in product engineering design and development, with emphasis on systems and product development.
Additional qualification requirements:
- Strong understanding and ability to design real-time systems, hardware and software.
- Ability to understand regulatory requirements, industry standards and recommended practices.
- Strong understanding in HV power inverter, charging components, electric vehicle supplier equipment
- Design specification authoring experience.
- Strong technical project management skills to lead and support management level presentations and project overviews.
- Understand technical concepts of high voltage safety.
- Experience with hands-on work on high voltage systems/components
- Strong technical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to coordinate and lead technical discussion with cross functional team.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/