Auburn Hills, MichiganBattery Pack Design Engineer – Senior #896232
- High Voltage Battery Pack Integration Engineer for high voltage battery hardware and integration is responsible for the end-to-end management of the engineering design of one or more Battery pack projects.
- Projects include the low and/or high voltage vehicle Battery and hardware integration for BSG, PHEV, and BEV vehicles released for global markets.
- Designs will comply and be provided in support of the Global Vehicle Safety and Compliance teams in all regions throughout APAC, EMEA, LATAM, and USMCA (including Mexico and Canada).
- Ideal candidate has some experience in electrified propulsion system design with preference to high voltage battery pack experience.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop program HVBS concepts that satisfy vehicle level functional objectives
- Coordinate ePT HVBS packaging activities with advanced concept engineering team
- Execute programs through PDP that meet or exceed objectives for performance, cost, weight, investment, and quality
- Develop and publish HVBS performance standards
- Author and submit source packages on time to support ePT product plans
- Develop system level DVP and coordinate component level DVP with Tier 1 supplier
- Execute design for manufacturing process and coordinate assembly process with manufacturing engineering.
- Develop and execute energy storage system DFMEA for HVBS hardware
- Manage team of component engineers.
- Provide program deliverables on time per major development milestones
- Lead Product Development Team meetings with Tier 1 suppliers
- Coordinate HVBS change management (CCD, CN, IAA, PER).
- Execute standardization plans and reuse of validated subcomponent
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering or related engineering field from an ABET accredited/equivalent university.
- Minimum of 5 years in product engineering design, development and/or testing
- Working knowledge of Team Center and Viz Mock-up
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/