Auburn Hills, MichiganQuality Engineer – Intermediate #894802
The Quality Engineer is responsible to ensure the company's products and processes meet established quality standards by identifying shortfalls, developing corrective measures, and implementing quality control systems. The successful Quality Engineer should have excellent troubleshooting skills to ensure that processes and products consistently meet or exceed established quality standards.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform root cause analysis of quality issues, often using advanced problem solving tools (like Kepner Tregoe, Shainin Red X, Design of Experiments).
- Recommend and implement simple cost-effective permanent corrective actions. Analyze quality data from internal and external indicators to ensure correlation.
- Manage engineering changes, working with cross-functional team to ensure timely execution. Conduct product evaluation requests to ensure robustness of product or process change before full implementation.
- Work with Engineering and Suppliers to resolve issues that are not plant controllable.
- Recommend and validate rework procedures. Develop inspection procedures and best methods for performing inspection.
- Develop projects to support World Class Manufacturing.
- Warranty issue resolution for Body or Chassis components.
- Candidate will analyze data and identify responsible organization for containment and permanent corrective action implementation.
- Analysis to be conducted in a timely manner resulting in correct identification of follow-up organization.
- Bachelor's degree required (BSEE or BSME preferred) with 3 to 5 years practical experience Engineering Quality and/or Automotive Product Development.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and analytical skills.
- High level of oral & written communication skills combined with excellent people interaction skills.
- Timeliness to complete assignments. May be required to drive a company vehicle - valid drivers license and clean driving record required.
- Will be required to travel to Suppliers or Assembly Plants as needed - domestic & international (<20%)
- Formal root cause analysis and corrective action validation training such as Greenbelt, Blackbelt, etc.
- Experience with Body or Chassis suspension components.
- Role is Hybrid. Some remote and some onsite.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/