Auburn Hills, MichiganProduct Development Engineer – Circular Economy Powertrain – Intermediate #898291
The Product Development Engineer – Remanufacturing Steering/Suspension manages assigned product launches and brings these projects to fruition. Once feasibility and profitability is approved, the engineer manages the development and release of these programs. Selected candidate will track development and releases through the multiple departments to ensure parts are placed on shelf or sourcing of a particular program to a 3rd party supplier within agreed upon time schedules. This position requires a team player with excellent interpersonal skills able to work in a dynamic cross-functional team.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Understand engineering aspects of past-model parts, such as design, specifications, and materials, in order to release remanufactured parts without affecting original design intent.
- Develop project objectives and plans by providing input specific to product/process design requirements, project elements, and project scheduling.
- Determine product specifications by studying product design, requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Identify and implement (internally or at supplier) at original equipment and remanufacturing suppliers, new and emerging technologies, equipment, and competencies required to support the portfolio growth through regular onsite supplier interactions.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Steering and Suspension commodity design and release engineering or commodity manufacturing experience.
- Commodity experience should be one or more of the following: Steering Racks, Electric Power Steering, Power Steering Pumps, Steering Columns, rack & pinion. Suspension systems, Shocks/Struts.
- Ten years of experience in Steering and/or Suspension commodities.
- Braking systems commodity experience in addition to Steering/Suspension is a plus.
- Experience managing several simultaneous projects and ensure resources are allocated appropriately to meet timing.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Ability to interpret Engineering Drawings (GD&T Knowledge preferred but not required).
- Knowledgeable in Teamcenter & NX.
- Travel required to supplier sites or organizations manufacturing facilities.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/