Auburn Hills, MichiganProduct Quality Engineer #898304
- Manage the release of new and modified Original Equipment Replacement service parts.
- The PQE identifies, tracks and approves testing and validation of new and modified service parts.
- The PQE insures parts have applicable Engineering documents created and corporate-released for compliance, traceability, and ease of future corporate reference.
- The PQE tracks part releases through the multiple departments to insure parts are placed on shelf in a timely fashion and without hindrances.
- Manage Engineering aspects of supplier-submitted Part Deviation requests and supplier Resourcing activities. Recommend and implement Technical Cost Reduction initiatives. Recommend and implement part Warranty Cost Reduction initiatives.
- Perform root cause analysis of warranty data and Improve/modify service parts design to address emerging warranty issues and reduce warranty cost.
- Understand Engineering aspects of past-model parts, such as design, specifications, and materials, in order to implement changes without affecting original design intent.
- Create Change Notices to document and approve Service Part releases and changes. Identify Validation requirements for service parts changes, track testing progress, and approve test results.
- Track and manage released service parts through downstream departments, such as Purchasing and Inventory Control, to insure timely Part release to on-shelf status.
- Create Design Work Requests to release Models and Drawings for service parts. Approve Engineering documents from suppliers' PPAP submissions, such as DVPR & DFMEA. Interphase with Material Engineering, to approve service parts material deviation requests.
- Modify Parts' Service Procedures to optimize labor time, reducing warranty cost. Manage & update department databases
- BSME, BSEE or Engineering degree with 3-5 years Automotive Product Release experience. Ability to interpret Engineering Drawings (GD&T Knowledge preferred). Knowledgeable in Team Center & NX - CATIA Knowledge a plus.
- An understanding of PPAP/APQP metrics. Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Outstanding leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent critical thinking and good communication.
- Must be self-motivated, results driven, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- May be required to drive a company vehicle - valid driver's license and clean driving record required.
- May be required to travel - domestic & international (20%)
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/