Dearborn, MichiganSoftware Engineer Senior #892359
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to team members
- Lead Technical design reviews, code reviews, and product demos
- Knowledge and working experience in Hadoop eco system
- Experience in Scala and Python programming language with spark
- Familiarity with Spark programming paradigms (batch and stream-processing). Understanding of different data abstraction objects used in spark for different use cases, use of optimal data format and other optimization techniques.
- Strong knowledge of writing optimized Spark and Hive sql and experience to tune poor performing queries.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to creatively solve problems and thrive when faced with new and unique challenges.
- Participate in detailed technical design, development, implementation, and support of Big Data applications.
- Strong experience with SQL and relational databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server
- Familiarity and prior experience with Agile / Scrum development methodologies
- Collaborate with product owners and product managers, help with scoping product requirements
- Work with Product Managers and Software Engineers to groom features (user stories and tasks)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and create solutions
- Familiarity with one or more stream processing / queuing technologies like Spark Streaming, Kafka, Kinesis, Flink, etc. preferred.
- Knowledge of different development and testing methodologies including TDD and BDD.
- Java / Angular, Spring boot
- big data
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering or related technical field
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/