Dearborn, MichiganSoftware Engineer Senior #888978
- Cloud Software Engineer Position Overview At our Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress.
- We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams.
- With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
- Global Data Insight & Analytics organization is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer focused on building and driving the strategy forward for our internal Data Science / AI/ML platform.
- This role will work in a small, cross-functional team.
- The position will collaborate directly and continuously with other engineers, business partners, product managers and designers, and will release early and often.
- The team you will be working on is focused on building Mach1ML platform – an AI/ML enablement platform to democratize Machine Learning across enterprise (similar to Uber’s Michelangelo, Facebook’s FBLearner, etc).
- Work closely with Tech Anchor, Product Manager and Product Owner to deliver Machine learning Platform and tools for the data scientists across the company.
- Work with software and ML engineers to tackle challenging AIOps problems.
- Work specifically on the model team to help build tools/ML Pipeline and systems using Python that make data scientists happier and more productive
- Help innovate standardize machine learning development practices.
- Experiment, innovate and share knowledge with the team.
- Act as a consultant to the business vs. an order taker.
- Lead by example in use of Paired Programming for cross training/upskilling, problem solving, and speed to delivery.
- Leverage latest of Google Cloud and Kubernetes technologies
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud Engineering / Services
- 2+ years of work experience as a software engineer with exceptional software engineering knowledge.
- Advanced working knowledge of object-oriented/object function programming languages: Python, C/C++, Julia
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Kubeflow etc.
- Experience with cloud services, preferably GCP Services like Vertex AI, Cloud Function etc.
- Experience in container management solution: Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience in scripting language: Bash, PowerShell etc.
- Experience in DevOps: Jenkins/Tekton etc. • Experience with Infrastructure as code: Terraform etc
- Master focused in Computer Science / Machine Learning (highly preferred).
- Experience working with Google Cloud platform – specifically Google Kubernetes engine, Terraform, and infrastructure
- Experience in delivering cloud engineering product
- Experience in programming concepts such as Paired Programming, Test Driven Development, etc.
- Experience in supporting continuous improvement by investigating development alternatives.
- Understanding of common machine learning frameworks: sklearn, tensorflow, pytorch etc. is a big plus
- Experience applying agile practices to solution delivery.
- Experience in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Must be team-oriented and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Must be a self-starter to understand existing bottlenecks and come up with innovative solutions.
- Open to learning new technology.
- Knowledge of coding and software craftsmanship practices.
- Experience and good understanding of Data processing / Machine Learning / Deep Learning Models / Natural Language Processing
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/