Auburn Hills, MichiganPowertrain Controls Engineer – Associate #894196
Running Change Coordinator – Hybrid Vehicle Programs
On-board diagnostic capabilities with OBD systems are incorporated into the hardware and software of a vehicle’s on-board modules for monitoring every component that can affect emission performance. Each component is diagnostically checked to verify that it’s functioning properly. If a malfunction is detected, the OBD system illuminates a warning light on the vehicle instrument panel to alert the driver to have the malfunction repaired. The system also stores important information about the detected malfunction so that a repair technician can accurately find and fix the problem.
All software and hardware modifications need to be documented and shared with the agencies (CARB/EPA/International Homologation) for approval before a vehicle start of production or a production running change implementation. Submittal of supporting documents with test results or engineering evaluation of the modifications impact on Fuel Economy (FE), Emission and AECD (Auxiliary Emission Control Device) is also part of the agencies’ approval process.
The running change coordinator will work with the responsible teams for all modules affected by the software and hardware modifications, coordinate recurring meetings with the teams to ensure that all applicable fields in the TSRC (Technical safety and Regulatory Compliance) document are being populated and has the correct supporting documents attached before the document submittal for approval by our TSRC, and then the agencies.
His/her main tasks and job responsibilities as a running change coordinator are listed below:
- Identify responsible parties for all modules affected by a running change or field fix for Hybrid programs (NAFTA and international markets)
- Develop plans for targeted running change document and service field action approvals
- Coordinate recurring meetings with the team to ensure that all applicable fields in the document are being populated
- Review contents in the documents to ensure that they are grammatically correct, formatted properly, and in plain English with the supporting documents attached
- Review the calibration compare attachments and confirm alignment with the captured Software and calibration changes
- Work with the responsible AECD leads per process to ensure the correct running change fields are selected
- Work with the FE and emission teams to have the fields updated correctly in the running change document
- Ensure CNs (Change Notice), affected part numbers, and SW versions of the affected modules are captured correctly
- Present the running change document in the TSRC meetings for approval
- Prepare documents to support TSRC team request for additional information or justification on the Controls/SW changes
- Work with the functional leads, TSRC Sr manager and PT Sr managers on the approval
- Communicate the running change document approval to the CN owners to work with the CN specialist on having the CN(s) decisioned, after emission hold removal from the CN(s) by TSRC
- Coordinate with the DREs, quality and service teams the activities to have the SW released to Service with the proper field actions (Rapid Service Update RSU, Technical Service Bulletin TSB, etc.)
- Track and communicate the field action release to the engineering team
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the Propulsion System and/or automotive powertrain development:
- Good understanding of: electronic modules software and controls technical requirements and implementation principles;
- Good knowledge of propulsion systems (engine/transmission/Hybrid) and electronic module-level Design and Verification criteria, and Failure Mode Effect Analysis.
- Basic knowledge of OBD diagnostics and regulations
- Knowledge of Electronic Control Modules’ and systems “high level” Controls requirements definition, analysis, and validation.
- Knowledge and/or Experience of vehicle, system, and component electrical trouble shooting, and Root Cause Analysis processes & methods.
- Excellent project management, technical coordination and communication skills to follow projects/tasks to completion and interact with all levels of management.
- Automotive Engineering development tools and software: ETAS INCA; our WiTech and CDA
- Experience with electrified propulsion system development, implementation and / or validation
- Master’s degree in engineering and technology
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/