Auburn Hills, MichiganPowertrain Controls Engineer – Associate #894195
The Powertrain Controls Engineer – Associate is responsible for new feature development, and enhancements to existing algorithms. The Powertrain Controls Engineer – Associate will work closely with a cross functional team, utilizing various tools (vehicle, HIL, Dyno, Virtual, rapid prototyping) through the V-model development process to ensure quality and robustness of the production algorithms.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interface with systems and calibration to fully understand the requirements
- Develop implementation strategies
- Assess and document the impacts against regulatory requirement
- Markup models to ensure the design meets functional/operational requirements
- Validate the design during the production process
- Ensure project is on track by developing plans, track progress, and present technical report to management and project chiefs.
- Participate in the decision making process on controls strategy design to achieve functional objectives
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering is required from an accredited University.
- 0-3 years of engineering work experience.
- Must be knowledgeable in Visual Basic, VB.net, Python (a plus but not necessary)
- Should be knowledgeable in MATLAB/Simulink
- Should be knowledgeable in Powertrain systems - specifically, computer based tools and process based development, emissions control systems development, and calibration refinement.
- Embedded software experience desirable. Electronic module/system experience desirable.
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills. Quick study who is passionate about his/her work and willing to go above and beyond.
- Self-starter who is able to work cross-functionally with other people
- Two-year Automotive Powertrain Experience
- Basic knowledge of engine/transmission/Hybrid controls, software, calibration, and systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to follow projects/tasks to completion, and interact with all levels of management
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/