Auburn Hills, MichiganControls Integration Engineer #893391
The Vehicle and Propulsion Controls organization is seeking a System Engineer to develop controls solutions for next generation Powertrain technologies. We are looking for a candidate with experience in controls and/or system engineering and a strong understanding of powertrain systems, but it is not essential. It is most important to us for a candidate to demonstrate a mindset of continuous learning and a track record of creating things that work. As an organization developing innovative technology, we live by the mottos “Knowledge is not required, but learning is mandatory” and “Knowledge is most valuable when applied”. The candidate should enjoy working on complex technical problems and delivering results that have a meaningful impact on our product. It is our belief that no complex problem can be solved optimally in isolation, so the ideal candidate should prefer to work in dynamic environments with cross-functional, diverse team members. Experienced Powertrain Development and Calibration Engineers with enthusiasm for controls development are encouraged to apply.
The System Engineer is responsible for discovery and development of requirements for the assigned feature. Responsibilities for the assigned feature include:
- Lead global stakeholders to identify requirements for new technologies and features for engine, transmission, and electrified propulsion systems
- Work with multi-discipline engineering teams to decompose and develop the controls system requirements
- Act as the technical owner on propulsion control features for our global teams and suppliers
- Manage and maintain requirements artifacts for the propulsion control system
- Ensure system quality and robustness through use of tools such as DFMEA and DFSS
- Support Controls, Calibration, and Validation teams during development and issue resolution
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in System Engineering, Design Engineer, Controls Development, or Calibration
- Capable of creating Logical as well as Physical Schematics
- Experience authoring Requirements and specifications
- Working experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Highly motivated/self-starter with proven leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering
- Experience in Automotive Engineering
- Knowledge of Electrification
- Master of Science in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- Propulsion system experience/ exposure or training
- Experience in leveraging Model Based Systems Engineering methodology
- Experience in using INCA, Matlab, Simulink, DOORS, and Visio
- Experience using CANalyzer or CANoe
- Experience with communication networks (i.e. CAN, LIN, FlexRay, etc.)
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/