Auburn Hills, MichiganInstrumentation Support Engineer #893174
The Instrumentation Service group is looking for a self-motivated engineer who will be responsible for providing technical leadership in the repair, upgrade and calibration of dynamometer test systems, instrumentation, and controls to support 128 conventional and electrified (BEV, BSG, ESS, HEV, PHEV, REEV) powertrain test cells. The Instrumentation Engineer will direct others in the repair and modification of test equipment to maximize facility run time and provide technical knowledge and guidance to technicians as they repair and troubleshoot issues in the field. Other duties include: performing workforce management, providing customer interface, contributing to the operational efficiency goals of the instrumentation group, and leading the installation of new and modified test cells, particularly those installations involving hybrid propulsion and electrified propulsion testing equipment. In addition, the Instrumentation Support Engineer will be required to work effectively with all levels of management, union represented employees, hardware and software engineers and suppliers.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- Experience in troubleshooting test equipment and problem analysis including root cause analysis.
- Experience in AC & DC dynamometers systems, test cell instrumentation and test/control systems support.
- Experience with PLC systems including ladder logic and hardware troubleshooting.
- Experience with Battery Emulators and their application in eMotor and EDM (Electronic Drive Module) testing.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple jobs and projects simultaneously.
- Motivated self-starter with good oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrable ability to lead technical personnel to achieve timely and effective completion of assignments.
- Master of Science degree in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- 2+ years of experience with AC & DC motor/drive systems, control systems, computers, PLC, data acquisition systems, electronic components.
- 2+ years of engine test support with an emphasis on test cell instrumentation & facility systems.
- 2+ years of experience analyzing and defining equipment upgrades.
- 2+ years of experience with the installation of new and modified test cells, particularly those installations involving new dynamometers and their controls.
- In depth knowledge of Battery Emulators and Electric Vehicle Testing.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/