Auburn Hills, MichiganBody Component Engineer – Intermediate #892937
This position will be responsible for the development and execution of closures design best practices on Front and Rear Closures systems. Front and rear closures systems consist of hoods, liftgates, decklids, fenders, gas props, manual props and the sealing / hardware interfaces of each. The Design Release Engineer will work with CAD engineers, attend packaging meetings, provide launch support at the assembly plant, and coordinate with suppliers. Responsible for change management, EBOM, cost and mass imperatives. Manage and support DV/PV testing with the supplier to meet program timing. Determine root cause of issues using structured problem solving and write appropriate change notices. Travel as required to assembly plants and suppliers within NAFTA region
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in automotive design engineering.
- Knowledgeable in use of CAD/NX.
- Knowledge of injection molding
- Knowledge in manufacturing
- Experience with Optics and related electronics
- Self-starter and motivated to produce result s and stay on schedule.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/