Irvine, CaliforniaSoftware Engineer 3 #893237
Software Developer We are looking for an innovative and passionate software developer who is driven to continuously learning and growing. As a software engineer on the IFE Software Team, you will be joining an experienced and collaborative team, working on applications on embedded Linux and related services/apps/products/tools using a variety of software technologies.
- Collaborate as part of a development team to design and develop software for in-flight embedded systems
- Develop and update unit tests, create documentation and help troubleshoot software in development and lab environments
- Participate in agile software development, ceremonies, user story reviews, planning sessions etc. Ensure all deliverables comply with latest industry standards & best practices for design, code quality, performance, and security
- Conduct design and code reviews with other team members and maintain up to date documentation
- Support software releases including monitoring and defect resolution when needed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
- 5 - 10 years of software development experience
- Proficiency in C++ and developing and troubleshooting multi-threaded applications on Linux Proficiency in data structures and algorithms
- Experience in network programming and protocols like TCP/UDP, HTTP, TLS etc.
- Experience with shell scripting on Linux
- Experience with CICD and automated testing frameworks
- Experience supporting infrastructure setup and troubleshooting of serverless enterprise applications
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
Nice to Haves:
- Working knowledge of SQL and no-SQL databases like MySQL, MongoDB, etc
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/