Programmer Analyst #779683
The Programmer Analyst is responsible for modifying, customizing, installing and testing
applications and code as directed by the project manager or supervisor. This individual works
closely with business analysts and users gathering business requirements and translating into
technical specifications; programming code or modifying existing programs to
client's business needs. The Programmer Analyst will also test, analyze and amend software
errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
• Collaborate with other team members in the Agile development process, (e.g., SCRUM,
• Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
• Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages,
and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
• Mentor junior team members and ensure they adhere to determined software quality
• Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to
plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web- and desktop-based business applications
/Integrations built on Microsoft technologies.
• Participate in comprehensive testing and code reviews to ensure that code quality is
maximized, and best practices are followed.
• Manage source code, build release packages and support deployment of releases.
• Write efficient, clear, readable code.
• Produce quality work that requires minimal corrections.
• Adhere to company coding methodology.
• Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the
purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
• Evaluate viability of possible enhancements and consider long-term impact of
• Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
• Liaise with network administrators, business analysts, and business users to assist in
resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
• Manage multiple assignments in an organized manner.
• Manage time constraints to meet deadlines
Formal Education & Certification
• University degree in the field of computer science or information systems and 5+ years
related work experience.
• Certifications – Microsoft .NET, Visual Studio, SQL Server, Power BI, MCSD, MTA,
Boomi or similar a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise applications, including
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013/2018 is preferred.
• Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution
• Experience with Jet Reports and Targit Business Intelligence Suite applications a plus.
• Experience in working with ANSI X12 EDI transactions and EDI Mapping a plus.
• Experience developing integrations using Boomi or a similar integration platform a plus.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as proficient in the use of
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user
• Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, especially in
an agile environment.
• Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
• Asks appropriate questions, listens and confirms for clarification.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Maintain high level of confidentiality with company information.
• Treats people with respect.
• Keeps commitments.
• Works ethically and with integrity.
• Very strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and
to handle other computer components.
• On-call and after-hours availability 24X7 to resolve technical incidents.
• May be required to work nights and weekends during un-planned outages and other
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/