Lansing, MichiganSystem Administrator 2 #894119
Top skills would be:
- Web administration – knowledge of windows server’s architecture / networks
- Knowledge of Windows IIS/ tuning/ how it is used/ application pools
- Capability to work with other teams and team members in a collaborative way to resolve issues.
- Some knowledge of MS SQL
Years of experience: 3-5 years
- This position functions as a worker in a team of web server administrators supporting multiple business areas of our Company.
- This position administers agency specific and enterprise-wide web server software and tools and ensures software high availability, disaster recovery, uptime, high performances, and security for the client agencies.
- Activities include web and middleware architecture design, software installation, configuration, tuning, monitoring, updating, and patching.
- This position assesses and identifies potential connectivity and compatibility issues regarding software upgrades and new releases as well as advises application development staff on integration with web software, monitors and maintains web server software operations, patches and tuning activities as required.
- This level position coordinates and develops web server software maintenance schedules with peers across organizations.
- The position is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of computer hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to State policies, standards, and guidelines.
- This position relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/