Auburn Hills, MichiganWeld Engineer #894242
The Weld Engineer will provide support to and collaborate with product development, manufacturing weld process and materials engineers in defining lightweight, corrosion-resistant and volume production robust weld joints through proper selection of processes, materials and definition of associated part geometry
- Develop and oversee laboratory tests in support of product design development, evaluation of new welding technologies, approval of new material substrates and weld-ability evaluation of sealers, adhesives, oils, lubricants, washes, drawing compounds and pre-phosphates
- Maintain corporate engineering design and process standards that govern resistance welding, including spot welding, projection fastener welding, projection component welding, drawn arc welding, resistance tube welding, resistance slug welding, resistance braze welding, resistance wire welding, and hot-upsetting
Responsibilities include by not limited to:
- Remain abreast of emerging welding technologies through literature research and participation in industrial technical consortia activities
- Provide technical consultation to Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing and corporate supply base with respect to pre-production and volume production builds
- Provide assistance in product root cause analysis by leveraging the Materials Engineering laboratory via test request generation and data analysis
- Assist in the identification and initiation of corrective actions
- Bachelor of Science degree in Welding, Metallurgical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Five years relevant welding engineering experience
- Technical expertise and related experience in applying welding science - resistance welding
- Excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Strong leadership abilities, multitasking ability and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and a "can-do" attitude
- Master of Science or greater degree in Welding, Metallurgical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Ten years relevant welding engineering experience
- Experience in application and correlation of resistance weld process modelling software (e.g. SORPAS)
- Practical manufacturing welding experience – spot welding
- Production or development experience with arc welding, laser welding, brazing, soldering or solid-state joining methods
- Product design engineering experience
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/