Auburn Hills, MichiganPowertrain Controls Engineer – Intermediate #894224
- The Vehicle Interface - Torque Driver Demand - Diagnostics Control Engineer will work within a Centre Of Excellence (CoE) belonging to the Product Release Centre (PRC) Electrified Propulsion Controls and he will contribute in the development of electrified powertrain systems for current and next-generation electrified powertrains for vehicles.
- The ideal candidate, who is a strong team player and willing to work in a fast paced environment, will have experience in modern and classical control strategies with a powertrain subsystem application (engine, transmission, electric motors, etc.).
- Being system focused and having interdisciplinary experience, the ideal candidate must be able to significantly contribute to the development of hybrid operating strategies within the Vehicle Interface - Torque Driver Demand and Diagnostics EOL and Service CoEs, in relation to the Torque, Charging and Thermal functional areas
The most important activities assigned to the Vehicle Interface - Torque Driver Demand - Diagnostics Control Engineer are:
- Reading of the main requirements related to the software components changes (Performance, Architecture, Control and Diagnostics)
- Mark up of the changes in Matlab-Simulink
- Best guess calibration dataset release
- Pre-verification of the implementation, check of the requirements’ compliance, through Model In The Loop (MIL) testing;
- Pre-verification of the generated code, through Software in the Loop (SIL) testing or specific tools able to monitor the consumption of software resources (e.g. VRAM, throughput);
- Generation of integrated proto code builds;
- Verification of official code builds or proto code builds in the HIL lab or in the vehicle, using ETAS INCA tools;
- Analysis and response to the tracked issues;
- Attendance to the main technical meetings, data analysis and issues’ resolution;
- Process documentation development;
- Calibration & Application community support.
- Master’s Degree in Mechatronics, Applied Automation, Electronics, Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Industrial, or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in one or more of the specialty areas listed above - an advanced degree and/or academic research in a related field may count towards experience requirement
- Demonstrated technical problem solving
- Strong overall knowledge of vehicle and powertrain functions
- Experience with modeling, simulation, development, testing, calibration and/or validation
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Technical skills
- Automotive Electrified Systems & Architectures fundamentals
- Vehicle Driveline Fundamentals
- Vehicle Thermal and Energy Management;
- Fundamental Control technics;
- On Board Diagnostics (OBD) standards and architecture;
- ISO/SAE standard norms for CAN/LIN communication;
- C and C++ code structure and markup;
- The Mathworks modeling and autocode suite (Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow, Embedded Coder) with the capability to create scripts;
- Excellent know-how of ETAS INCA tool;
- Usage of CANALYZER tool;
- Usage of ControlDesk and HIL tools;
- Ability to analyze and deploy High and Low Level Requirements’ documentation;
- Ability to analyze issues’ descriptions and provide a resolution;
- Experimental data analysis and calibration methodology definition;
- Ability to perform verification activity.
Soft and Leadership skills:
- Capability to work in a team and in an international environment;
- Capability of synthesis and reporting towards management;
- Efficient communicational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks;
- English: autonomous in listening (conference calls) and reading;
- Passion in automotive field for all its declinations (from vehicle setup to assembly process);
- Work under pressure when tight schedules or late changes are required in releasing process (shorter time for control/software design and testing);
- Available to extra-time working
- No drawback to take higher responsibility leading crisis teams on production issues with possible impact on daily rate;
- MathWorks Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow;
- MathWorks MatlabCoder / SimulinkCoder / EmbeddedCoder / Fixed-point Designer;
- dSPACE SystemDesk (nice to have);
- IBM ALM suite (DNG, RTC, RDM, RQM);
- IBM Rational Change
- MS Office + Visio/Project viewer;
- ETAS INCA/MDA.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/