Auburn Hills, MichiganSystem Cost Engineer – Engine Systems #894220
- Individual is responsible for component cost throughout program life for assigned commodities - including setting piece cost and investment targets, negotiation support for new business placement and design changes.
- Working from process Bill of Material, drawings and/or samples the individual must be able to develop technical cost and investment/tooling models for Engine Systems components and systems using activity based costing methodologies.
- Individual provides subject matter expertise to support engineering and purchasing organizations at working levels and to executive leadership.
- Individual must have the ability to analyze supplier quotes and reach agreement on appropriate piece cost and tooling cost using activity based costing.
- Individual must have understanding of elements of piece cost and investment for various manufacturing processing typical for the production of assigned commodities.
- The Engine Systems Tooling/Process Cost Engineer is responsible for approval of tooling in Chrysler System and Asset Verification of tooling after tooling has been built.
- The Engine System components include Engine Cooling, Fuel Systems, Air Induction System, and Exhaust Systems.
- Bachelor's Degree Required, Engineering Preferred
- Cost or Program management experience in industrial engineering (automotive, aerospace, etc)
- Experience with engineering innovation programs ER&D roll-up process
- SAP system
- MS Office proficient.
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written).
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/