Auburn Hills, MichiganPowertrain Controls Engineer - Senior #894217
- Propulsion Controls organization is seeking a Controls Engineer to develop algorithm solutions for next generation Powertrain technologies.
- We are looking for a candidate with experience in controls and/or system engineering and a strong understanding of powertrain systems, but it is not essential.
- It is most important to us for a candidate to demonstrate a mindset of continuous learning and a track record of creating things that work.
- As an organization developing innovative technology, we live by the mottos “Knowledge is not required, but learning is mandatory” and “Knowledge is most valuable when applied”.
- The candidate should enjoy working on complex technical problems and delivering results that have a meaningful impact on our product.
- It is our belief that no complex problem can be solved optimally in isolation, so the ideal candidate should prefer to work in dynamic environments with cross-functional, diverse team members.
Controls Engineers are responsible for new feature development, and enhancements to existing algorithms. The Sr. Engineer will work closely with a cross functional team, utilizing various tools (vehicle, HIL, Dyno, Virtual, rapid prototyping) through the V-model software development process to ensure quality and robustness of the production algorithms.
It is the role of the Controls engineer to:
- interface with systems and calibration to fully understand the requirements
- Develop implementation strategies
- Assess compliance & robustness, and ease of calibration
- Document the impacts against regulatory requirements
- Implement designs efficiently
- Validate against requirements in virtual and physical environments throughout the production process.
- Provide technical guidance/training and act as an expert in his/her field of specialization.
- Controls algorithm development typically begins as an advanced effort but must ultimately meet program timelines and conform to high level/functional requirements.
- The successful candidate is expected to ensure their project is on track by developing plans, track progress, and present technical reports to management and project chiefs.
- He/she will also actively participate in the decision-making process on controls strategy design to achieve functional objectives.
- Experienced Powertrain Development and Calibration Engineers with enthusiasm for controls development are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent Engineering degree from an accredited university
- 5+ years of experience in the controls/calibration of gasoline spark ignition engines
- Excellent knowledge of internal combustion engines
- Data acquisition experience collecting and processing data
- Working knowledge of engine development, emissions development, engine technologies and competitive products
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- Good teamwork skills and ability to work independently
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Master of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Experience with overall knowledge of powertrain development (systems, controls, calibration)
- Proficient with advanced simulation tools
- Proficient in MATLAB / Simulink
- Experience in an AGILE/SCRUM environment
- Experience with Application lifecycle Management (IBM RTC) tools
- Experience with ASPICE process for software development.
- Experience with AUTOSAR compliant software architecture.
- Experience with Proactive/Reactive Quality (DFSS, DFMEA, DVP&R etc..)
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/