Auburn Hills, MichiganAero/Thermal Engineer #894235
Responsible for aero and thermal systems development within Vehicle Concepts and Validation. Responsible for aerothermal vehicle level systems and components. Review of functional systems including Airflow and CFD analysis, cooling systems status with program chiefs, development test planning with lab engineer, and annual hot trip execution for assigned programs. Lead the communications and reporting of issues, resolution, and status via
- Minimum BS in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience of powertrain cooling system sizing. (Minimum 5 years)
- Experience of using commercial software KULI
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of Aero-thermal Integration (interact with aero, thermal, cooling, HVAC and powertrain)
- Experience of working with powertrain dyno testing (engine/transmission heat rejection) -Experience of working with powertrain synthesis (gradeability).
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to obtain Chauffer's license
- Knowledge of thermal, HVAC, or cooling systems
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools/programs
- Hybrid onsite and remote (split can vary greatly depending on vehicle(s) assigned to work on) - can assume 70% onsite - 30% remote split
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/