Detroit, MichiganAnalyst/Developer - Specialty 3 #898426
The energy at our company is contagious. We’re driven by our immense passion, as we constantly seek out challenges and identify new opportunities. We work hard to connect with our customers and earn their loyalty for life. Bring your talent to our company – our opportunities for growth span the globe. We will give you the training and opportunities to unleash your ambition.
The main function of a Developer (Other Specialty) is to design, develop, and implement applications using in-demand languages and technologies (e.g. - Websphere, Informatica etc.) to support business requirements.
- 5+ years’ experience with Microservices, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Spark, Kubernetes, Akka, Cassandra, Redis, Bitbucket
- 10+ years’ experience delivering Java / JEE Business Solutions
- 10+ years’ experience of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- 10+ years’ experience SQL/Oracle
- 10+ years’ experience with OO analysis and design experience
- Proficiency with Agile Development Techniques (including TDD, JUnit, Mocks, Pair Programming)
- Proficiency with SQL, Hibernate, Web Services (REST and/or SOAP) & WebLogic
- Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
- Ability to function with new technologies
- Ability to lead and mentor associate developers
- Typical: At least 3+ years relevant experience in the business environment
- Experience with Agile teams that have regularly delivered software while practicing code review
- Over 3 years of software development experience in Java services
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in frontend and backend work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
- Creative problem-solving skills that deliver elegant solutions to complex issues
- 3+ years’ experience with monitoring tools and event processing from incident alerts from monitoring tools. SiteScope and HP Enterprise Operations Bridge Manager is a plus.
- 2+ years’ experience Linux/Unix shell scripting and/or Python.
- 2+ years’ experience creating and running JUnit Tests
- 1+ year experience with the ELK stack and dashboarding within Kibana.
- Working knowledge with WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST).
- Working knowledge of source control software (SVN, Git or TFS).
- Working knowledge with CI/CD Technologies / Best Practices (Artifactory, Black Duck, Chef, CARA, SonarQube and Jenkins, Build pipelines, GitFlow, etc.)
- Experience with Groovy, Kubernetes or Docker containers is a plus
- Development on high performance multi-tiered architectures (in Java)
- Experience with both real time and batch systems
- Experience with distributed technologies such as Oracle Coherence
- Experience with Performance Tuning
- Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited Institution
- 4-year College degree preferably in computer science, Computer or Electrical engineering, information systems, mathematics, data analytics or statistics or equivalent experience
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/