Dearborn, MichiganSystems Engineering Senior #894286
- The Enterprise Data Warehouse/Global Data Warehouse (EDW/GDW) is a special repository of data organized from an enterprise perspective and used for informational, operational and analytical purposes.
- Extract Transform and Load (ETL) processes move large volumes of data from multiple source systems into EDW/GDW and within various layers of the warehouse.
- Collaborate closely and continuously with fellow engineers and product owners, you will help build, validate and release innovative products early and often.
- Work with Business teams to understand requirements for PDO Backlog features and deliver ETL solutions with high business value using Agile.
- Work with Data Architects (DAs) to define, create and modify EDW/GDW data models
- Assist with analyzing commonality in EDW/GDW information models and identify needs for Extract, Transform and Load (ETL).
- Participate in PDO product team ceremonies such as Standups, Iteration Planning, Demo Days and Release Planning
- ETL development experience with IBM InfoSphere (DataStage v11.7)
- SQL experience involving multiple, complex queries
- Good understanding of data modeling and data quality solutions for large programs
- Exceptional analytical experience of complex applications and data relationships
- Team oriented with strong interpersonal skills and able to work as part of a product team
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Strong drive for results and ability to work independently
- Self-starter with proven innovation skills
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and project timing
- Demonstrated ability to document complex systems
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and adjust resources/assignments based on changing priorities
- Experience in creating and executing detailed test plans
- Experience in extract, transform and load (ETL) development with Teradata
- Experience with AutoSys scheduling and Unix Shell scripting
- Knowledge and experience with DB2/SQL, FTP, Connect Direct
- Experience with mainframe languages/tools including COBOL, JCL, CA7
- Experience in GCP tools (e.g. Data Flow, Big query, Cloud Functions, Cloud Storage)
- Experience with Rally
- Our Company experience a plus
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 3+ years of professional development experience with ETL development (DataStage)
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or a related discipline
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/