Auburn Hills, MichiganDesign Release Engineer - Intermediate #894414
Body - Systems & Components Design Release Engineer
The Product Design Engineer will be responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing and production release of body system closure weatherstrip sealing systems to meet vehicle and component functional objectives. Other responsibilities will include managing supplier development activities, quality improvements, weight reduction, cost reduction, development, and validation of assigned components.
This role involves the use of predictive tools during design phase through component and vehicle level testing prior to launch, communicating technical product status, and competitor benchmarking to management.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Five years of relevant experience
- Two years of experience in closure weatherstrip sealing systems design and application
- Design and release experience in body engineering
- Experience in NX in a production release environment
- Experience in Teamcenter
- Strong program management skills with a goal/target minded discipline
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team oriented, self-starter with demonstrated problem solving skills
- Manufacturing or launch experience
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) Green Belt/Black Belt
- Knowledge of EPDM/TPV materials, and extrusions/injection molding processes
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/