Auburn Hills, MichiganVehicle Cost Engineer #894412
Project Cost Manager (PCM)
The Platform Project Cost Manager, under the authority of the Platform Economic Manager, is accountable for achieving the economic targets of the project, Total Production Cost (TPC) and Expenses, by conducting the relevant action plans for their establishment, consolidation and steering.
- Establishes the project economic situation and leads the associated action plans:
- Guarantees the source, the quality and the consistency of data used by the cost team (VEMO department) for the calculation of the Forecasted TPC
- Builds and updates TPC Risks and Opportunities and calculates TPC forecast
- Monitors expenses under his/her responsibility (make/buy investments, Launching costs, Supplier R&D …)
- Synthesizes the global expenses of the project by adding Human resources / headcounts and Validation Means (lead by the Planning Manager)
- Leads the project economical optimization to reach economic targets:
- Contributes, during the project’s convergence step, to the definition of robust and global economic objectives (with Planning):
- Quotes the product and industrial scenarios (investment costs, TPC)
- Participates in the project economical profitability studies conducted by Planning, and analyzes the data and results to generate action plans
- Provides financial targets to the different stakeholders involved in the project (Engineering, Planning, Finance...), and part by part sourcing targets for the Purchasing Department
- Provides economic studies (profitability) to the project and participates in Decisional meetings.
- Manages the project annual budget:
- Monitors project expenses (including comparison between actual expenditure and budget) and establish annual & monthly forecasts
- Manages action plans with all stakeholders (Purchasing buyers, Engineering) to meet annual/monthly forecast
- Controls and validate expense workflows
- Prepares the project entry into mass production:
- Ensures with Finance and Purchasing a correct first serial price calculation (TPC)
- Transfers to serial life projects expenses remaining to be done.
- With CVE (Chief Vehicle Engineer) and the Platform Team
- With Planning, With VEMO Department for TPC cost reporting, profitability, budget controlling
- With Top Hat Projects, Propulsion Systems/ Serial life cost managers,
- With Sub systems engineering for all Functions, Performance engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Brand, Purchasing.
- Develop component level cost targets, applying vehicle top down budget allocation.
- Understand and apply reference vehicle data and Low Cost Country savings to EBOM component level data.
- Understanding of vehicle construction by systems (Body, Chassis, Powertrain, Interior, etc) and subsystems (Underbody, suspension, trim, cooling, HVAC, etc)
- Understand part break up of vehicles and how they are assembled
- Ability to identify and organize technical commodities into their functional purpose
- Identify and propose design alternatives to meet and exceed aggressive cost targets
- Lead cross functional team reviews of cost status to target, component sourcing, governance cost report outs.
- Capacity to drive the team transversally towards goals achievement
- Highly accurate and Cost oriented
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & Powerpoint)
- Excel commands (Vlookup, pivot tables, walk charts)
- Our Corporate system
- EBOM & STV
- SMAK (Vehicle volume tracking)
- Product Cost Study (PCS) CPA Year over Year Tool
- Global Sourcing Tool (GST) & Sourcing Offset Forms
- Global Bulletin System
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited university or Bachelor Degree in Finance. Other educational credentials combined with relevant experience, may be considered
- Minimum of 5 years of automotive industry experience at an OEM or large tier 1 to include one or more of the following areas:
- Engineering Program Management (Technical or Financial), including leading a cross functional team
- Vehicle Program Management (Technical or Financial), including leading a cross functional team
- Engineering Design & Development
- Advanced technical or management degree
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to present ideas and concepts successfully to all levels of management
- Ability to productively manage change
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Engineering vehicle cost analysis experience
- Familiarity with finance terminology
- Experience using financial management systems (Fastcar2 is preferred)
- Tooling and variable cost estimating
- At FastTek Global,
- . We come to work each day and are reminded we are
- . Also,
- . We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
- We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for
- FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is
- We've differentiated ourselves by being
- . Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
- Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our
- options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
- Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
- FastTek Global was named one of the
- in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in
- To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
- Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
- You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/