Auburn Hills, MichiganDevelopment Engineer – Intermediate #894349
RIDE, STEEIRNG AND HANDLING TUNING DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
The Development Engineer is responsible for the development and validation of electric vehicle power electronics and electrified vehicle systems/devices for passenger cars and trucks. The Engineer will develop efficient and cost-effective power electronics using cutting edge technologies, the latest test and evaluation equipment/laboratory, and robust simulation tools. Develop power electronic devices DVP & R. Define and carry out all required development/validation testing to ensure achievement of all functional objectives and assure compliance to program goals. Participate in supplier assessments and post-test inspection reviews, including detailed failure analysis. Work closely with the chosen suppliers and manufacturing entities to ensure designs are robust to customer requirements, meet exact function, and are manufactural without defect. Tests finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary. The Development Engineer will define and carry out all required bench development/validation testing to ensure achievement of all functional objectives and assure compliance to program goals.
- Basic Qualifications: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in electronics and circuit design and/or development. Demonstrable understanding of power electronics and devices
- DVP&R and DFMEA creation & execution experience. Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of Electrical Engineering standards/protocols, and of power electronics/devices
- Highly motivated and self-starter.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment -Preferred
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- 2-5 years of experience.
- Power electronics / electrical models, simulation experience, and FEA.
- Power electronics specifications expertise
- Electric motor & powertrain controls experience.
- Design and release experience.
- Strongly prefer previous hybrid / high voltage experience.
- Experienced with supplier program management.
- 2+ Years engineering design and development experience, sub limit and limit handling driving skills.
- Subjective assessment capabilities for ride, steering and handling.
- Proven skills in analytical tool development
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/