Lansing, MichiganProgram Manager #894308
- Experienced Senior Program/Project Manager for managing multiple complex IT Enterprise Infrastructure Programs/Projects with strong communication skills to work at all levels of organization.
- Follows project management industry practices based on PMI.
- This position is for a senior experienced Program/ project manager to lead multiple Information Technology (IT) programs and projects supporting DTMB - Chief Technology Officer (CTO) organization. Projects/programs are primarily complex enterprise initiatives related to I T Infrastructure in a multi- cloud environment (Networks, Telecom, Firewalls, Switches etc.) and Security as prioritized by State.
Program/Project manager’s role and responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
- Provide Enterprise program/project management for project activities to ensure that the
- program/project is completed on time, within budget and within scope.
- Thorough understanding of IT Infrastructure Technology and a good understanding of industry standard processes related to I T Infrastructure.
- Define program/project scope, duration, resources and cost, as well as the best course of action/approach to attain the project objectives.
- Provide project management for project scheduling, tracking, issue management, risk management, change management, and status reporting.
- Follow the State Unified Information Technology Environment (SUITE) Project Management Methodology (PMM) and System Engineering Methodology (SEM), based on Industry standard PMI framework and SEI’s CMMI framework.
- Utilize the State’s Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool (Clarity and Azure DevOps) on all projects.
- Plans and coordinates work with teams. Designs and implements project plans. Generally, work with other IT managers and IT technical teams. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Acts as a program manager for large complex enterprise IT Infrastructure and Cyber Security initiatives.
- Acts as a partner to other project managers performing Project Management Quality Assurance for their projects.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A significant degree of
- creativity and latitude is required. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment
- Self-directed and independent. Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects.
- Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and
- summarizes progress of project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
- Creates a structure and organization for the management of a complex environment with emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency. Directs corrective actions in any area where performance falls below objectives.
- ITIL Certification required
- PMP Certification preferred
- Experience leading infrastructure and automation initiatives in a multi-cloud environment 2 years
- Program management experience with Enterprise IT Infrastructure Programs
- 5 years
- Project management experience with Enterprise IT Infrastructure Programs 7 years
- Our SUITE or equivalent Project Management Methodology based on PMI 10 years
- Project and Portfolio management System e.g. Clarity, Microsoft Project 5 years
- Agile experience - 5 years
- Strong Leadership and communication skills 10 years
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/