New Hudson, MichiganControls Engineer #886157
- The position will support development of prototype and concept vehicles, with a strong focus on vehicle electrification, autonomous vehicles, and unmanned vehicle platforms.
- Primary customers support the advanced automotive and defense industries.
- An open mind to new challenges and a desire to constantly learn is a must for any candidate.
- Looking for highly talented candidates to support vehicle software and electronics design, development and integration.
- The following section describes the skills that are valuable for the types of projects awarded to our group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Typical responsibilities include but are not limited to the following items:
- Controls Development
- Assist in defining controls architecture, platform, and functionality
- Create control algorithms for specific systems in a Simulink environment with
- Develop and test controls performance through modeling, bench and vehicle testing
- Integration and build of prototype systems in development vehicles
- System Simulation and Modeling
- Formulate multi-domain models of mechanical, hydraulic, and electronic systems
- Analyze important performance metrics and system specifications from model results
- Model correlation and validation to test data
- Use models to develop and test controls algorithms
- System Hardware Specification
- Support design, selection, and integration of electronic components
- Communicate mechanical requirements of system to design staff
- Identify controller hardware to meet I/O and computational requirements
- Communicate wiring and connector requirements to support harness builds
- System Testing and Data Acquisition
- Develop test plans and test cases
- Specify instrumentation and data acquisition system
- Perform test procedures; troubleshoot test environment and instrumentation issues
- Process and analyze test data; test report generation
- Provide analysis, insight, and feedback for development
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In addition to the responsibilities mentioned above, tasks relating to the following area will be
- Interaction with current & potential customers regarding our systems
- Education / training
- Provide feedback on product needs and processes
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Desired Education and Training:
- BS or MS in Automotive, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering
- Software and simulation tools
- MATLAB, Simulink, and Stateflow
- Development Software and Tools for Embedded Systems
- dSPACE MABX
- Vector CANape/CANalyzer
- Data acquisition hardware and software experience
- Vehicle and system troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge of automotive, defense or motorsports industries
- Communication protocols (CAN, Ethernet, LIN, Wireless 802.11, DSRC)
- Electric and Hybrid vehicle architecture
- Electrical/Mechanical/Hydraulic/Pneumatic system design and simulation
- Autonomous and by-wire design
- Vehicle and platform robotics experience
- Actuator controls (motors, valves)
- Embedded C code development
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is a financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused, operating in nearly half of the states in the U.S., Europe and India.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/