Sales Support Specialist #657125
- Responsible for supporting the sales manager’s through coordination and administration of
- sales activity through AR invoice creation.
- Prepare sales shipping reports, open orders, and coordinate with factories and other parties.
- Order equipment, review and send acknowledgements to salesmen.
- Provide customer service to our Channel Partners by supporting their sales endeavors through answering questions regarding their orders and general inquiries as directed.
- Responsible for preparing customer invoicing for equipment shipments in a job cost billing environment.
- Capture all equipment and freight costs and ensure proper invoicing on all orders.
- Process change orders and properly invoice additional costs.
- Adhere to and be compliant with specified revenue recognition policies.
- Accurately apply sales tax.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Order all equipment and coordinate deliveries as well as maintain proper documentation in job files: work orders, purchase orders, material transfers, shipping requests, freight support and acknowledgements.
- Process sales order changes.
- Follow up with Coordinators, Freight Carriers, Quotation Representatives, Field Equipment Representatives and Sales Representatives as necessary to ensure accuracy and expeditious completion of jobs.
- Issue PO’s to manufacturing plants for required equipment.
- Responsible for generating the customer invoice.
- Review acknowledgements and send a copy to Field Equipment Representative/Sales
- Representative for review.
- Prepare accurate monthly sales order forecasting; verify credit approvals as needed.
- Ensure customer satisfaction (internal and external) by maintaining high level of communication through sales order completion.
- Individual must have the ability to deal with a variety of problems and customer questions.
- Provide written correspondence to customers, vendors and managers within company policy and guidelines.
- Research and resolve any customer invoicing discrepancies and ensure customer satisfaction
- Provide updated comments on any open orders as to the latest progress, report any issues that could delay timing of invoice creation.
- Responsible for any necessary sales order reconciliations of cost vs. expected costs; sales vs. expected sales.
- Meet weekly billing goals in accordance with a performance metrics system.
- Meet month-end billing and current billed sales reporting deadlines.
- Position requires the annual booking of several million dollars of equipment per year.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- 3-4 years of experience in a customer service / AR invoicing environment required.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to organize and coordinate multiple
- tasks, communicate information in a timely fashion and with the appropriate sense of urgency.
- Attention to customer needs and maintains a high level of discretion and confidentiality in dealing with sensitive material.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, organizational skills, mathematical skills, problem solving, detail oriented and highly motivated.
- Ability to work both individually and as a team.
- Knowledge of CRM, InforXA, and standard Microsoft Office programs necessary.
- Experience with AS400 mainframe a plus.
- Desire for continuous learning through cross-training.
- Experience with Hussmann products desired, not required.
- Less than 5% travel required.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/