Auburn Hills, MichiganSystems Simulation Engineer - Senior #898616
Propulsion Systems Virtual Engineering System Simulation Engineer
The System Simulation Engineer is responsible for data management, model development and integration of control logic to simulation propulsion system performance including thermal management, range / fuel economy and acceleration performance.
The System Simulation Engineer is responsible for communication of results in oral presentations and written reports to Chief Engineers, Propulsion System Leadership and other stakeholders.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Industrial, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university;
- Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets experience
- Understanding of Conventional/Hybrids/BEV vehicle propulsion systems;
- Experience in product development (preferably in the automotive area) simulating hybrid and/or electrified propulsion systems
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Masters of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Industrial, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Capable of managing and quickly processing large amounts of data;
- Experience with engines, transmissions, torque converters, axles, batteries or electric machines design and knowledge of advanced powertrain technology
- Experience creating and correlating complex models to simulate propulsion system functional performance
- Thorough Knowledge in the disciplines of hybrid control strategies or energy management optimization
- Thorough knowledge in the disciplines of fluid dynamics and heat transfer
- Experience using commercial codes including, but not limited to, MATLAB /Simulink, Stateflow, and Simulink coder, GT Suite, Amesim, Maxwell, MotorCAD, Comsol
- General knowledge of commercial CAD packages including NX and Teamcenter
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/