Northbrook, IllinoisTechnical Project Manager #898647
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Manage technology projects focusing on Data Warehousing (data storage, collation, transformation, quality control, etc.) in the following technology stack: AWS (e.g. S3, RedShift, etc.), Talend, etc.
- Convert unstructured data into useable format through development of machine learning models to scan, label and categorize key data points through entity extraction, geotagging, and classification.
- Assist in the design of data systems and pipelines for processing and storing data.
- Provide oversight to existing operational solutions, processes and activities. Aids in developing governance models to ensure portal/platforms content integrity and user access/permissions provision.
- Collaborates with key business stakeholders across Global Capability Areas (GCAs) and Commercial divisions to understand and document business requirements; translating them to technical specifications.
- Liaises with technical team members within and outside of us and Commercial to ensure break-fixes, enhancements, and project development work are implemented effectively and efficiently.
- Co-create the "one source of truth", establishing a coordinated network of data warehouses across the Commercial Divisions to hold and process all critical data, to achieve a 360° view of our business, customers, and patients.
- Partner with the IS and Omnichannel Operations teams to ensure alignment on business/technology roadmaps for CDMS and other Constellation (CTx) pillars: Veeva Core, Veeva Vault, and Ecosystem.
- Continues existing partnership with functional areas outside of Commercial (e.g. Finance, Procurement etc.) and establish new alliances (e.g. Medical Affairs) to identify and promote synergies if and when applicable.
Required Competencies and Experience:
- Strong understanding of Data Warehousing/Informatics/Business Intelligence concepts and methodologies from both operations and project execution views. This includes but not limited to data/dimensional modeling, critical data quality/integrity checks, technical specifications management, IS change management protocols, etc. and on the following technology stack:
- Cloud Computing Solutions: AWS (S3, RedShift, etc.), MS Azure
- ETL: Talend
- Machine Learning/Intelligence tool stack
- Bachelor's in Business, IT or related technical field
- 6+ years of relevant experience preferably in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or high-tech industries
- PMP certification.
- Demonstrated ability to understand business requirements as well as underlying infrastructure applications, systems and processes to enable execution of those skills
- Proven experience in process mapping, process improvement and translation into technical requirements
- Extensive computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, VBA, Macros, Access, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Teams.
- Strong communication and influencing skills to ability to communicate (verbal and written) technical and non-technical information clearly to a diverse audience and gain impact with senior-level decision makers
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills with a strong attention to detail and ability to effectively manage cross-functional projects.
- Solid (business, data, and technical) vendor and resource management skills
- Keen analytical mind with superior problem solving and technical skills, reflecting in-depth knowledge of various secondary databases and their limitations.
- Demonstrated ability in taking initiative to proactively evaluate existing strategies and processes and recommend changes, when appropriate.
- Highly innovative and with the ability to propose and implement best-fit solutions leveraging current resources.
- Ability to adapt and respond effectively to change, delay and/or shifting priorities and goals.
- Self-directed with strong attention to detail and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while continuously seeking ways to improve
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Data Management Platforms (DMP) for large scale prospects data
- Certifications in appropriate area(s) such as Cloud Computing Solutions (e.g. AWS suite), BI (e.g. Qlik), Google Analytics, etc.
- Master's Degree in Computer or Information/Data Sciences.
- Deep understanding of the secondary data sources commonly used in the pharmaceutical industry (i.e. script level, patient longitudinal, promotional, chart audits, etc.) including the caveats and appropriate uses of each source
- Software development methodologies, specifically SDLC or ITIL
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is a financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused, operating in nearly half of the states in the U.S., Europe and India.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/