Allen Park, MichiganSystems Engineering Consultant/Expert #899051
z/OS Systems Programmer to install; customize; test; implement; document and support IBM mainframe operating system software (current release z/OS 2.4) and multiple 3rd party software products on over 42 MVS images.
- Install, customize, test, implement, document, and support independent software vendor (ISV) products as required (this includes user modifications that require customization for release levels or related to site requirements) and work with the vendors on problems and resolution.
- Code in Assembler to develop, test, implement, document and support system modifications and MVS and JES exits.
- Analyze, debug and correct various z/OS software problems.
- Support z/OS Unix System Services (USS) and WebSphere environments.
- Use IBM's ServiceLink and interface with IBM technical support to resolve Operating System (z/OS) software and hardware problems.
- Proficient in Assembler, REXX, Clist and SAS coding (highly desired).
- Knowledge of RACF and ability to create and analyze RACF profiles.
- Provide system-programming support for the installation and upgrade of mainframe hardware configurations.
- Provide off hours support for Disaster Recovery planning and testing.
- Able to provide 24 hours support 7 days per week 365 days per year (rotational duty) for software issues.
- Provide customer support by addressing Software/Hardware related trouble tickets providing levels 1, 2 and 3 support. Other duties as assigned.
- Five or more years of System Programming experience, including dump analysis, SMP/E, SMF, USS, Omegamon, MVS and JES exits, problem analysis and resolution.
- Working knowledge of z/Operating System internals in JES2 or JES3 environments.
- Experience in planning, customizing, testing and on-going support of Independent Software Vendor (ISV) products (i.e. CA Technologies, BMC, SAS, EJES, IBM, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in corporate and group security and control policies, procedures, and standards.
- Experience supporting Disaster Recovery for z/OS environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, highly motivated, and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with Access, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project for project administration are highly desirable
- Working knowledge of ISPF, TSO, JCL and IBM utilities is essential.
- Candidates must be willing and able to work overtime which includes all shifts, weekends, and
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is highly desirable
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/