Auburn Hills, MichiganBrake System Design and Development Engineer #895110
Brake Certification Engineer
The Brake System Design and Development Engineer is responsible for the development of brake systems and coordinating vehicle ordering, builds, shipping, and testing. Program management skills required to complete DVPR testing within the constraints of program timing and problem resolution to corporate metrics. The candidate should be able to root cause quality/build issues and implement corrective actions. Good communication skills are required for internal and external presentations on status and system performance. Also, communicating technical requirements to internal areas such as powertrain, electrical and vehicle development groups.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree is required.
- Knowledge of vehicle level brake system design and validation experience.
- Knowledge of brake system, performance, and sizing modeling/analysis.
- DFMEA/SFMEA and DVP-R experience such as: write/review/execute a system level DVP for a brake system.
- Proven problem solving skillset (ie: Shainin, DFSS, Red X, etc.) and analytical skillset.
- Experience with Technical report writing.
- Highly motivated and self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Brake testing/development experience or Chassis development, valid driver's license
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience in vehicle testing, preferably brake testing
- Brake system modeling and system analysis experience
- Design and release experience of brake components
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/