Auburn Hills, MichiganMaterials Engineer - Intermediate #894628
Materials Engineer – Electrified Propulsion Systems
Materials Engineer working on Electrified Propulsion Systems (ePT) providing technical direction related to material selection and processing requirements to meet design objectives. Responsibilities include specifying materials and processes for related parts and their related specifications. This engineer will manage failure analysis, root cause and corrective actions for development, production and field related materials issues related to ePT.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Materials, Metallurgical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent, from an ABET accredited or equivalent program.
- Two - Five years of experience in a related field that has industrial relevance.
- Familiar with basic approaches and/or methodology in the evaluation and analysis of metallic materials and related material and processing specifications.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to pursue, coordinate and execute assigned projects that require interface with ePT Engineering team members to provide optimum balance of cost and performance to meet design objectives, material/component assessment, process analysis and alternative recommendations.
- Excellent problem resolution skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Metallurgical or Materials Engineering with heavy emphasis on industry metallurgical process practices and material selection for ePT components.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/