Dearborn, MichiganProduct Manager Consultant/Expert #899415
- Within the Global Data Insight and Analytics (GDIA), a great opportunity awaits you on a team responsible for supporting some of Company's most visible initiatives.
- The Product Manager embraces agile practices and will collaborate directly and continuously with software engineers, data engineers, data scientists and product designers and will release early and often.
- The product manager will ensure that data standards, information interoperability, data quality, and data availability fully support the goals of GDIA and the enterprise.
- Join us and challenge your Product Management expertise and analytical skills to help create a smart future!
What you’ll be able to do:
- Work closely with GDIA and other partners to understand their product vision, align on a feature roadmap, and break it down into an actionable backlog of user stories for the development team
- Work hands-on with the development team and stakeholders to prioritize, plan, and deliver software and infrastructure that meets client requirements.
- Help GDIA and other partners understand our iterative development approach and focus on delivering a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) through careful and deliberate prioritization.
- Work with design resources (internal and/or external) to ensure timely delivery of designs and assets to the development team.
- Mentor and train other PMs to help them learn agile/XP methods and build skills.
- Identify potential success stories and share with communications team.
- Help innovate and iterate on agile PM processes and share our takeaways.
- 5+ years of Product Manager OR related roles (Business Analyst, Solutions Architect, Project Manager, etc.) experience
- 2+ years of experience with CA Agile Central (Rally) or Jira or similar Agile Tools
- 3+ years of experience with Agile methodology
- Background in design or software development
- 3+ years of strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others
- Experience with Test-Driven Development, Paired Programming
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate sophisticated decision making
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and business partners
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing product features
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/