Auburn Hills, MichiganNVH Test Engineer – Senior #899549
The NVH Test Engineer - Senior is responsible for development and verification of overall HVAC NVH on both Battery Electric Vehicles and engines. Work with the packaging team on HVAC ducts cross sectional area and drive packaging to confirm it meets noise requirements.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible to test, root cause and provide technical solutions for NVH related issues
- Review climate control plumbing (TXV/EXV, heater lines, AC Suction lines, etc) to ensure NVH enablers are incorporated
- Support and lead vehicle demonstrations as required
- Effectively collaborate with the HVAC team, product design office and suppliers
- Measure and test vehicles, process data, and report findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Conduct competitive benchmark testing and participate in subjective vehicles evaluations
- Validate final HVAC acoustic performance relative to the targets
- ABET accredited Bachelor's degree in Engineering,
- 5+ years of cumulative experience in acoustics, NVH team and/or climate control and HVAC development
- Strong fundamentals of vehicle and component interactions
- Must be organized, motivated, adept with engineering practices
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to collaborate effectively with other team members
- Understanding of digital signal processing and sound quality metrics
- Knowledgeable in CAD, CATIA and/or Teamcenter Nx
- Working knowledge of NVH analysis Software (i.e. LMS, Head Acoustics, B&K)
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/