Saginaw, MichiganElectrical Technician #899629
- Supports engineering activities such as the design, test, checkout, validation, verification, modification, fabrication, and assembly of prototype electromechanical systems, experimental design circuitry or specialized test equipment.
- Applications may include analog, digital and/or complicated sensor and electromechanical instrumentation systems along with building and repair of custom wire harness test assemblies.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions.
- Conducts engineering tests and detailed experimental testing to collect design data or assist in research work.
- Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment.
- Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
- Assists in the design, construction, test and checkout of test equipment.
- Uses manufacturing test, development or diagnostic equipment including, but not limited to, such equipment as oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
- Organize, focus, and plan group activities for scheduling equipment resources and test activities. Participate in laboratory continuous improvement activities along with ownership of assigned area(s).
- Provide cost and timing estimates for laboratory related activities.
- Identify, acquire, deploy, develop, and maintain laboratory test equipment.
- Bring your best ideas to further develop our world class laboratory operation.
- Ability to understand and read technical specifications.
- Effectively work with others.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent oral and especially written communication skills including clearly writing test procedures and documenting test findings reports.
- Has analytical ability to aid in resolution of complex problems.
- Can interpret engineering drawings, specifications, test procedures, and quality requirements. Has effective time-management and multi-tasking ability.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks. Ability to conduct short-term and long-range planning.
- Has a thorough understanding of capabilities and application of laboratory instrumentation.
- Ability to learn and develop testing solutions around customized test software / hardware packages (LabView, Matlab, GPIB, NI-DAQ, Vector CANape, etcetera) based on project needs preferred.
- 0 - 5 years with solid educational background
- 5 - 10 years of relevant experience recommended.
- Recommended 2-year degree in physical science discipline (engineering technology, applied science, science) and/or equivalent.
- Electrical Journeyman or Master Electrician a plus IPC-WHMA 620 (Wire Harness Assembly) Certification a plus IPC-610 (Electronic Assemblies) Certification a plus
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/