Detroit, MichiganTest Engineer 4 #899625
The energy at our company is contagious. We’re driven by our immense passion, as we constantly seek out challenges and identify new opportunities. We work hard to connect with our customers and earn their loyalty for life. Bring your talent to our company – our opportunities for growth span the globe. We will give you the training and opportunities to unleash your ambition.
The main function of a test engineer is to oversee the test development of automotive power electronics and electric traction system components for both fuel cell and hybrid vehicles. A typical test engineer is responsible for monitoring test processes, tracking product changes, and modifying tests and equipment to ensure proper fault coverage.
- Develop and evaluate test systems for fuel cell and hybrid vehicles electronic subassemblies with focus on power conversion
- Develop and execute test plans to validate software modifications and issues for TECH 2 core software releases.
- Validate software for DSD Vehicle Communications group development.
- Document and communicate any problems/issues identified during validation and verification.
- Use VLT, CAT or other serial data tools to evaluate, diagnose and resolve serial data communication issues.
- Create test equipment electrical design schematics and some mechanical drawings of test systems.
- Create software to automate tests using LabVIEW programming language.
- Create serial data reports and software release memos.
- Complete special assignments as needed relative to TECH 2 support.
- Schedule work, vehicles, and testing around available resources.
- Communicate status of projects in oral presentations and written reports.
- Designs and delivers both automated and manual functional test equipment.
- Provides technical direction for engineering support personnel.
- Attend product development team meetings to review product design, specifications, and schedule requirements.
- Research new technologies and techniques orders.
- Possible local travel.
- Familiarity with Vehicle Link Testers.
- Knowledge of electronic concepts and the ability to read electrical schematics.
- Knowledge of vehicle diagnostic and service procedures and systems.
- Working knowledge of vehicle serial data communication protocols; UART, Class 2, KeyWord, CAN, and GMLAN.
- Proficient in the use of the TECH 2 hand-held diagnostic computer.
- Knowledge and experience with vehicle mechanical and electrical systems.
- Advanced ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using root cause analysis.
- Knowledge in LabVIEW programming.
- Knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and MS Projects.
- Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills to successfully coordinate and execute project plans.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to mentor, provide support and offer constructive performance feedback.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Clean state driver's license.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the internet.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Automotive Technology, or related technical field.
- 8-10 years of experience required.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/