Dearborn, MichiganData Engineer General #899712
- The Data Factory Platform covers all business processes and technical components involved in ingesting a wide range of enterprise data into the GDIA Data Factory (Data Lake) and the transformation of that data into consumable data sets in support of analytics.
- The Ingestion Patterns team will own end to end responsibility for the platform operating model which includes defining the business integration model, platform governance processes, problem management processes and resiliency actions.
- Additionally, the team will be responsible for defining standards and best practices across all tenants and consumers of Platform resources. Data Factory Engineers will be responsible for designing ingestion patterns and modernization of Ford's big data solutions on GCP cloud integrating native GCP services and 3rd party data technologies.
- Experience with large scale solutioning and operationalization of data warehouses, data lakes and analytics platforms on GCP is a must.
- We are looking for candidates who have a broad set of technology skills across these areas and who can demonstrate an ability to design right solutions with appropriate combination of GCP and 3rd party technologies for deploying on GCP cloud.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work as part of an implementation team from concept to operations, providing deep technical subject matter expertise for successfully deployment of Data Platform
- Implement methods for standardization of all parts of the pipeline to maximize data usability and consistency
- Identify, develop, evaluate and summarize Proof of Concepts to prove out solutions.
- Test and compare competing solutions and report out a point of view on the best solution
- Design and build solutions to deliver our pipeline patterns using Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services: BigQuery, DataFlow, Pub/Sub, Data Fusion
- Someone who understands Cloud as being a way to operate and not a place to host systems...
- Someone in this domain who understands data architectures and design independent of the technology.
- Someone who understands fundamental techniques such as parallel processing, partitioning, sharding in terms of how and when to apply these approaches vs how they are used in a tech stack like MR/Hive/TD etc... as these concepts are powerful when applied at the right time and place in our data engineering and analytics projects.
- In-depth understanding of Google's product technology and underlying architectures.
- Experience working in GCP based Big Data deployments (Batch/Real-Time) leveraging Big Query, Big Table, Google Cloud Storage, PubSub, Data Fusion, Dataflow, Dataproc, etc.
- Software Engineer with experience working in development eco-system such as Git, Jenkins, Terraform and Tekton for CI/CD
- Software Engineer with strong skills in Python & Java
- Exceptional problem solving and communication skills
- Experience in working with Agile and Lean methodologies
- Experience with Airflow
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Certification preferred.
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience developing applications w/Java and Python
- 3+ years of GCP experience
- BS in Computer Science or related
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/