Dearborn, MichiganSoftware Engineer Senior #899752
You will be responsible for developing scalable big data pipeline solutions in the GCP Data Factory. In addition, you will:
- Advanced knowledge of the GCP ecosystem with a focus on Big Query.
- Designing and coding Big Query to analyze data collections
- Analyze user needs to determine how software should be built or if existing software should be modified.
- Participate in design, delivery estimates and code reviews
- Develop and/or perform software automated testing procedures, solutions, and frameworks to ensure software functions as needed
- Translate business requirements and specifications into usable and scalable software
- Process and understand capabilities and limitations of data outputs from the software
- Understand and assist with the technical infrastructure of an application or system
- Determine and execute the software deployment process and troubleshoot performance issues.
- Develop data quality and validation routines
- Build distributed reliable and scalable data pipelines to ingest and process data in real-time and other unstructured data.
- 5+ years of experience with the following:
- Data design, data architecture and data modeling (both transactional and analytic)
- Building Big Data pipelines for operational and analytical solutions
- Running and tuning queries in databases including Big Query, SQL Server, Hive
- Data Management - including running queries and compiling data for analytics
- Experience with developing code in one or more languages such as Java, Python and SQL
- 2+ year of experience with the following: - GCP Cloud data implementation projects experience (ApacheBeam, SpringBoot, Dataflow, Airflow, BigQuery, Cloud Storage, Cloud Build, Cloud Run, etc.) - In depth understanding of Apache Beam and Spring boot framework - Agile methodologies
- Certification: Google Professional Data Engineer
- 7 years of experience in a Software engineering role building complex data pipelines for operational and analytical solutions.
- Experience programming and producing working models or transformations with modern programming languages
- Experience designing and deploying large scale distributed data processing systems with few technologies such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Hadoop, Spark, HBase, Teradata, Tableau, Qlik or Other
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- Master's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, or Data Engineering • Certification: Google Professional Data Engineer
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/