Dearborn, MichiganSoftware Engineer Senior #899753
- Operations Analytics (OA) is a product group that develops on-premises analytic solutions.
- This Software Engineer position is ideal for the technically oriented individual who has experience designing, building, deploying and supporting cloud applications and is interested in working with a portfolio of strategic analytic solutions.
- In this role, you will collaborate with multiple organizations (Business Customers, Product Owners, Data Tech, IT) to convert business goals into analytic solutions.
- This role will work in small, cross functional teams and embrace lean and agile practices, software best practices, software quality scanning, automated testing, and CI/CD.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Software Engineer will work on a Balanced Product Team and collaborate with the Product Manager, Product Designer and other Software Engineers to deliver analytic solutions.
- The Software Engineer will be responsible for the development and ongoing support/maintenance of the analytic solutions.
- PRODUCT AND REQUIREMENTS MANAGEMENT: Participate in and/or lead development of requirements, features, user stories, use cases, and test cases. Participate in stand-up operations meetings.
- AUTHOR: Process and Design Documents
- DESIGN/DEVELOP/TEST/DEPLOY: Work with the Business Customer, Product Owner, Architects, Product Designer, Software Engineers and Security Controls Champion on solution design, development and deployment.
- OPERATIONS: Generate Metrics, Perform User Access Authorization, Perform Password Maintenance, Perform SharePoint Administration.
- INCIDENT, PROBLEM AND CHANGE/SERVICE REQUESTS: Participate and/or lead incident, problem, change and service request related activities. Includes root cause analysis (RCA). Includes proactive problem management / defect prevention activities.
- Use IT Connect (BMC) and Webex Team Daily.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Java SW development
- Java / J2ee
- Development environments Eclipse or similar tooling
- Cloud, container image development and container orchestration
- Data and Data Manipulation
- SQL data manipulation (Relational and NoSQL)
- Products (relational) including SQL Server, Teradata, Oracle
- Products (big data) including Hadoop / Hive / Spark
- Build tools
- Build Tools like Jenkins, GRADLE
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Platforms - Deploy to cloud platforms including Pivotal Cloud Foundary (PCF)
- Docker/Kubernetes including OpenShift and opensource Kubernetes
- Data and Data Manipulation - Products (streaming) including Kafka and MQTT
- SW Development Concepts - Practiced eXtreme Programming (XP) disciplines including paired programming, test first / Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Personal and Professional
- Self-directed – able to work independently and take initiative when solving unexpected problems
- Critical Thinking
- Strong Root Cause Analysis
- Identify areas of improvement (process, performance, communication, etc.) and work with the teams to identify solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
- Ability to multitask and manage changing priorities
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Software Development
- Minimum 3 years experience in IT field
- Bachelor's degree in technical concentration or comparable
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/