Auburn Hills, MichiganRegulatory Certification Engineer – Intermediate #899773
Come join the Technical Safety & Regulatory Compliance Team where we are committed to doing what's best for our customers. Be a part of a team filled with bright, resourceful, and determined employees who play a vital role in regulatory development, certification, and compliance activities.
We're looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, deliver as a way of life and are inspired to make a positive impact. Team members are expected to establish effective working relationships, founded on trust and transparency, with our internal and external partners. Sound judgment, excellent communication skills and the ability to drive decisions through consensus and influence change are a must. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The Aftermarket Regulatory Certification Engineer manages activities throughout the emissions certification process and submits official certification applications to government agencies. This includes regular interactions with internal aftermarket teams and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) to assemble the information required in official applications and provide responses to follow-up questions.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, or other technical disciplines
- A minimum of 3 years powertrain, vehicle development or regulatory experience
- Emissions related background/experience
- Experience working with data and databases
- Proven project management skills and ability to communicate complex topics in simpler terms
- Advanced engineering degree
- Emissions certification experience
- Powertrain calibration experience
- OBD certification and/or calibration experience
- Experience with code of federal regulation in mobile/vehicle emissions and fuel economy testing
- Vehicle testing background – chassis dyno testing and an understanding of emissions testing
- OBD testing background – basic knowledge of OBD standardization data gathering/analysis
- Aftermarket parts design, testing, or regulatory experience
Additional Must Haves:
- Experience with vehicle emission testing and/or certification process
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to function with little supervision
- 3 years minimum in cert/testing role
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/